Tuesday 3 November 2009

BizArt - Yu Ji Acnestis

Prior to entering Yu Ji exhibition, Acnestis at Biz Art, you read the introduction to the exhibition/artist. This would warn or prepare any sensitive viewer for the uninhibited nudity in the show. The show it self consisted of video projections on the wall - sensitively curated. The videos were of a young Chinese man the majority of the time naked, pursuing women, the films capturing that sexual itch, constant desire. The filming was frank and unbeauitified an attempt to capture the intimate subtleties of communication between people. The videos were banal, non showy which I liked. There was also a video recorded backwards with two people meeting on a deserted street intersection. In this video there was also wonderful footage of a horse.

A show worth seeing but not my personal aesthetic, though no doubt a review will change my mind....

Nov 1st – 30th Nov
BizArt Center 50 Moganshan Lu,

2 comments:

  1. Hello there!

    I am on my way to Shanghai and was wondering whether there are any contemporary art openings between today and 12 november? Please help!
    thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Saturday East Link and 1918 Art Space.
    Then Wednesday Elizebeth de Brabant.

    I'm going to the Saturday ones. Email me if you like. lucinda104@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete